More Opinion by The Springboard

Did President Biden Suggest America Is At War?
"Joe Biden told the American people in his opening lines, "In January 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt came to this chamber to speak to the nation. And he said, 'I address you at a moment unprecedented in the history of the Union.' Hitler was on the march. War was raging in Europe.""

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Media Reporting of LGBTQ+ Movement is Wrong

The manner in which the conservative backlash toward transgender and identity and the whole LGBTQ+ movement is being portrayed in the media is just more propaganda and false reporting. I would say the media is missing the point, but that's not the case at all.

The media knows exactly what they are doing.

And that's the same thing they always do. They are installing a narrative. The story is not the reaction by conservatives to handing Dylan Mulvaney a can of Bud Light beer with his picture on it. The story is not the reaction to Pride offerings in Target stores. 

The story is the force feeding of woke and cancel culture, which is a minority viewpoint, onto the majority. The story is forcing this ideology onto children. The story is forcing the majority of people to be forced to conform to a fringe societal view.

The fact is that there is only one thing that the LGBTQ+ community wants, and that's for everyone else to simply sit down and shut up and accept their viewpoint, or else.

Conservatives have simply had enough. And I think even to suggest that it is only a conservative movement is also false. But that's part of the narrative. That's what the media wants us all to believe, that in order to have a viewpoint that is different from the LGBTQ+ community and movement, one must be a conservative.

I think there are actually many liberals and independents also tired of it. Based on the impact and the numbers, I think only the latter must be true.

The fact is that the proper way to report any stories about any backlash toward transgender and identity and LGBTQ+ issues is this way. "A large portion of the American people are pushing back on the forced push of LGBTQ+ ideology."

Because that's what is really happening.

Granted, it may be that it is more likely that one with a conservative viewpoint will have a stronger opinion on the issue. However, it is not the whole story and certainly it is not a prerequisite to be a conservative for standing against these things.

Part of the issue is that what people are being asked (and I use the word "asked" very lightly here) to do is accept, without question, whatever it is that the left and woke and cancel culture wants and simply fall in line. People are being forced to be confrontational just because. 

If you think that taking down a statue of Robert E. Lee is wrong, you must be a racist. If you think that boys should only use boy's bathrooms, you must be a homophobe. If you think it is okay to enjoy a pour of Aunt Jemimah syrup on your pancakes, you must be in support of white supremacist movements. If you think that transgenderism should not be present in schools, you must be insensitive to LGBTQ+ issues.

I could go on, but I think anyone is aware what these issues are that are involved with woke and cancel culture.

What's being missed in the discussion, but again not by the media because they know exactly what they are doing as I mentioned earlier, is that other people simply have a difference of opinion and it so happens to be that MOST people disagree with woke and cancel culture.

Sure, one can make an argument that sets this movement alongside the Civil Rights Movement. At that time, it could have been argued that most people were of the viewpoint that blacks were inferior people and not entitled to the same rights as everyone else.

At that time, that majority viewpoint was wrong.

But hold up a minute. Was that viewpoint actually the majority viewpoint? I think it wasn't. I think most people were actually on the side of the black community. Had that not been the case, I don't think the Civil Rights Movement would have been effective at all. It never would have worked.

And let's face it, there's one other thing about the Civil Rights Movement that is important to keep in mind.

The movement made sense!

But there is also another element here which I think is important to understand. That is that I have serious doubts that most genuine people within the LGBTQ+ community agree with most of this stuff. I think the genuine gays and lesbians and trans people simply want to be live their lives quietly just like everyone else on the other side.

So, the movement, to my mind, is entirely on the fringe. It is an agenda not to try to bring people together. It is a movement to portray a certain, defined group of people a certain way for the purpose of winning political favor. It is a movement designed to further pit people against each other and create division.

It's why anyone who speaks out against Bud Light or against gender neutral Potato Heads is automatically assigned as a conservative.

Frankly, I think the real woke culture is the vast majority of Americans, and I think that is an important distinction to make. It is not just conservatives waking up to the reality that all of this "woke" stuff is bad. It's the vast majority of the AMERICAN PEOPLE who believe this. And they are fighting back. 

They are fighting back for history to be preserved. They are fighting back to save the children. They are fighting back to stop the division. They are fighting back to simply say, "Let me enjoy my breakfast. Let me enjoy browsing through the aisles of Target. Let me enjoy my M&M's and enjoy a cold beer. Let me enjoy a sitcom or a movie. Let me enjoy a football game. And let me enjoy it all without all sorts of politics and innuendo injected into it."

That's the story the media is failing to report. And again, it's not that they don't know what the story is. They simply aren't interested in reporting it. 

Like the way I write and the things I write about? Follow me on my Facebook page to follow me around all the places I write, and around all the things I write about.

No comments: