More Opinion by The Springboard

Did President Biden Suggest America Is At War?
"Joe Biden told the American people in his opening lines, "In January 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt came to this chamber to speak to the nation. And he said, 'I address you at a moment unprecedented in the history of the Union.' Hitler was on the march. War was raging in Europe.""

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Making Your Side Hustles Count

When it comes to ways to make extra money these days, it can be quite a long list. From blogging to doing online surveys and myriad side hustles, the possibilities are really rather endless. And of course, people are simply willing to pay people to do many things if it saves them time or if it happens to be something they just don't want to do.

But what should the aim be? And what do you do with the money?

People take on activities such as these for a list of reasons as long as the list of what you can do. From saving for a vacation or simply paying day to day expenses, everyone wants a little something more if they can get it.

When it comes to money for me, though, I always look at it more in terms of what it will be worth rather than what it is worth now.

In other words, as I have said many times, if all you do with money is spend it all, it is essentially worthless. That goes for a paycheck as well as any money you may earn doing things online or doing side hustles.

Online earnings and side hustles are mostly short-term endeavors—and when it comes to online earning opportunities, the shelf life is typically even shorter. If I want more money, really what I want to do is make any extra money last longer and do more for me.

Back in the day, for example, there were a couple of very lucrative writing or sharing platforms that were in operation. One was WebAnswers and the other was Bubblews. Both offered great opportunities to earn several thousands of dollars per year doing nothing more than simply a little writing and sharing of ideas and thoughts of the day.

A similar site exists today at myLot. Although the days of getting paid "big bucks" to participate are no longer here. Still, the site does pay something.

The one thing I did was to pretend the money wasn't there at all. In other words, I wasn't really earning anything to use to pay for things. Again, I asked the question, "What is the value of this money tomorrow?" And more importantly, what is the value of the money when the opportunity to earn it no longer exists?

WebAnswers and Bubblews may have ceased to exist as well as the opportunity to earn from them did. But at the same time, the opportunity to make the earnings I did receive from them continue to offer me something of value did not.

Instead of doing these things just to make an extra buck for something I wanted today, I kept it so that it could continue to earn long after the paydays ended.

The money I made then continues to make money now.

I think doing things to make extra money, no matter what it is, is important. If there's money on the table, you grab it. But if all you do is spend it as fast as you make it, you're simply forever seeking more and more, and you're never really getting ahead.

I think investing the money you earn from any online source or side hustle is the best thing you can do to ensure the money actually does something for you that is productive and useful.

As I like to say of any money, I'd rather spend the money my money makes than spend the money my ass makes. To me that just makes more sense. If I am going to take the time to make any extra money, and put in the effort to do that, I want it to be something that actually provides me with more opportunity to actually have more money.

It's just something to think about. 

Like the way I write or the things I write about? Follow me on my Facebook page to keep up with all the latest writings wherever I may write them.

No comments: