More Opinion by The Springboard

Did President Biden Suggest America Is At War?
"Joe Biden told the American people in his opening lines, "In January 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt came to this chamber to speak to the nation. And he said, 'I address you at a moment unprecedented in the history of the Union.' Hitler was on the march. War was raging in Europe.""

Monday, February 5, 2024

More and More, the Reasons to Question 2020 Grows Stronger

"Jim, don't you ever worry about looking like a fool for believing that the 2020 election was stolen?"

No. I don't. The thing is, for anyone who has followed any of my commentary on the issue, I have never said I believe that the election was stolen. What I have said is that I strongly suspect that the election was stolen.

"Why can't you just accept your loss and move on?"

Believe me. I would like to. In past elections I have done just that. Moved on. What makes 2020 hard to move on from are the details. I am an analytical guy. Things, for me, have to add up. Things have to make sense.

It should matter to someone on the other side of the aisle when I say, "This is the only election I have ever questioned in my lifetime." I am not questioning the election because Trump lost. I am not questioning the election because Biden won. I am questioning the election because there are too many details that simply form the question in my mind that lead me to strongly suspect something may not have been right, here.

My statement that this is the only election I have ever questioned matters because, as I have also said many times in the past, I am an American first before all else. Sure, I may be considered to be a staunch conservative Republican. But that's not something that is going to make me turn my back on my country.

Our system of electing presidents, of electing anyone, is an important part of the foundation of who we are as a country. As a people.

It needs to work for the people.

I can look back at any of the earlier elections I have seen in my lifetime and understand the wins and losses and can find reasons why they were wins or losses, even if I desired a different result. Most recently, the two Obama wins were obvious to me why they happened.

John McCain and Mitt Romney were less than desirable candidates who had no appeal and ran horrible campaigns.

Even when it came to George H.W. Bush, it was clear why he wasn't given a second term. He was not Ronald Reagan, for one. And his presidency did not deliver the results. Bill Clinton was the better choice in the eyes of the American people and his win made sense.

Whether or not Bill Clinton was better in terms of his policies can be open for debate. At the same time, even I can admit that four more years of George H.W. Bush would have left us in a worse situation than what we were left with after two terms of Bill Clinton.

It's obvious.

Which brings me back around to 2020. Did I want Trump to win? Of course I did. But not because he was a Republican. Not because he was my guy. I wanted him to win because I genuinely believe he did the work of the American people and was able to achieve righting the slightly listing ship that Obama left us with.

Biden was not the better choice. We didn't need an alternative like we did when George H.W. Bush ran for reelection. Or even back when Jimmy Carter was president for that matter. When we look at the two terms each of Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama and George W. Bush, it makes sense why they were all given two terms.

Trump should have been given two terms looking at his presidency—again, we didn't need an alternative.

I think in order to understand where the strong suspicion of a stolen election comes from, you have to start at the beginning. The idea of a stolen election, in other words, did not come from one day in November of 2020 and the result it presented.

It came from the four or five years leading up to the 2020 election and all of the things that happened during that time.

Trump talked a lot during his campaign in 2016 about the Deep State and about the Establishment. Things that, at another time, perhaps could have been overlooked as just fodder for powerful speeches. Only, you began to see it. Early on it wasn't as clear. But when the Republican party first considered denying Trump's nomination and looking for ways to deny it, it was the beginning of a head scratching moment.

Wait a minute. If the Republican voters decided Trump was their guy, WHY deny it? Why deny his nomination?

Ultimately, he was nominated, of course. But the question I think took its roots there. For anyone today who questions the election, that's where the question started to form. We may not have known it then. But we know it now.

Then there were the four years of accusations that the Russian's were colluded with. There was the denial by the Democrats of Trump's legitimacy as the President. There was the non-stop news cycle lambasting and ridiculing Trump at every turn. 

There were the impeachments.

All of these things were founding the question. They (the deep state and the establishment) wanted him out. And they were working very hard to find any way they could to do it.

And then the election happened, and Trump was out.

But, and this was a very big but here, how did it happen? When some people packed it in the night before as the results dragged on into the wee hours of the morning, Trump was winning. He almost had the election wrapped up. It was down to five states, and he was winning in all of them.

Until, that is, everyone woke up in the morning, and only after the mail-in ballots, a hot area of contention, were counted. Biden won. 

For many, without a doubt, it was of course a victory. But at the same time, and not only just on the Republican side, and not just with Trump supporters, it was a bit of a surprise. It was an absolute turnaround. 

When you looked at the results and saw that Donald Trump had gained voters—he received 11 million more votes in 2020 than in 2016—and Biden received the most votes ever in American history in an election, the growing question was getting some more juice.

Was Trump just that unpopular that he drove voters out to vote against him in record numbers? And there were the rallies to consider. While Trump was attracting throngs of people to them during his reelection campaign, Biden hardly campaigned at all.

There were the flags, and the hats, and the yard signs. 5 to 1 in support of Trump for President. You could see Trump supporters everywhere. You could hear them in breakrooms and in kitchens at gatherings across America. 

"I support Trump."

And yet, just like that, Biden claimed the victory. I think more people questioned what happened than the media would ever have us believe. But the results were in and that was that, and we were supposed to just lie down and accept it despite all of the questions. 

Questions, by the way that seemed only to deepen after the events that occurred on January 6th and the way it was portrayed, and the silencing of anyone who laid claim to the idea that something wasn't right. From shadow bans to outright bans on social media for even the suggestion that 2020 was stolen to the process beginning of also taking down anyone who made the claim. From investigations of wrongdoing to financially bankrupting anyone speaking out against 2020—the deep state and the establishment seemed hell bent on ending the question.

"Just accept the result," was the message being sent. "Or else."

You add in all of the events that have occurred against Trump up to now, and for a good many people it just adds fuel to the question, making it a much stronger one. Why are they trying so hard to get him out of the picture?

What does he know? What is his threat? And if he is to be believed by them to be as unpopular as "they" will have us believe they think he is, what do "they" have to worry about? If 81 million people said, "Biden's the guy and Trump is done," what's the threat? Why not just let him campaign and let the American people decide?

After all, he's unpopular, right? He lost, right? For good reason, right? People think he's dangerous, right? People even think he is ridiculous, as ridiculous as his claims of a stolen election, right?

Yet now he is winning. Much like he probably was in 2020. Much like I think many Americans were sure he'd get two terms.

Which brings us to all of the indictments and all of the other civil cases brought against him. The efforts to keep him off ballots. The unprecedented nature of all of these things, and it just begs the question harder. 

Did he actually lose the election?

Because if he did actually lose it, why are they trying so hard to drive that point home? Shouldn't it be obvious to the American people like it was obvious in every election before it? Why would it be necessary to try to send him to jail if the voice of the American people seems so clear in their minds? And how could it be that Trump is more popular than ever with such a strong chance of actually winning in 2024 if he was a liar who made such a horrendous false accusation back in 2020?

I think the answer is pretty clear. The infamous question of whether or not the election was stolen is a valid one to ask, and there is a strong indication that they, the deep state and the establishment, know there's a reason to ask it.

Like the way I write and the things I write about? Follow me on my Facebook to keep up with all the latest writings wherever I may write them. Want to support The Springboard and enjoy a fantastic 4.35% interest rate on your savings? Check out Ally Bank to see how they can assist you in building wealth and getting more bang for your buck.

No comments: