More Opinion by The Springboard

Did President Biden Suggest America Is At War?
"Joe Biden told the American people in his opening lines, "In January 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt came to this chamber to speak to the nation. And he said, 'I address you at a moment unprecedented in the history of the Union.' Hitler was on the march. War was raging in Europe.""

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving from the Springboard and a Little Bit of Prippa Rep Prepishny

Well, here we are, having arrived at yet another day of thanks and, well...food of course. Tonight, we will indulge in both turkey and ham, as is at least our family tradition along with all the usual fare found on most Thanksgiving dinner tables.

We'll see if the rolls, this year, make it out of the oven before someone finally realizes they aren't out on the serving table or a reminiscent odor of something burning permeates the air.

"The rolls!"

Last year may have been the first year in many years the rolls actually weren't burnt. So, just to keep the tradition alive and well, we burnt one anyway.

What am I thankful for? I suppose a lot of things. I always say any day spent above ground is a good day, and I suppose so long as I am above it now, writing this day's blog, that's a good day and I should be thankful.

I am thankful for my family, especially my wife who, for whatever reason I've never been able to quite put my finger on, still puts up with me after 16 years of marriage and 18 years of togetherness.

She's either insane. Or she loves me.

I am also, of course, thankful to you, dear reader, who comes by here from time to time and now and then to hopefully be entertained by my thoughts and opinions—and hopefully as well by my witty nature in delivery.

Is it witty?

I am thankful that, for whatever they are worth—and we all know that often they aren't worth much—that at least the polls seem to be indicating Trump's beating Biden and we may be able to end this nightmare we've been enduring for the past 3 or so years.

Speaking of Biden, might I also applaud him on yet another brilliantly delivered "address" to the nation when he pardoned this year's turkeys, Liberty and Belle, and in the time-honored tradition of Biden speeches, he was able to carefully stumble around his words like a drunk trying to pronounce supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

"They had to work hard and show patience, and be willing to travel over a thousand miles," Biden began. "You could say even this harder than getting a ticket to the renaissance tour, or, or, or prippa rep prepishny's tour..."

I think he meant Taylor Swift and Prepishny is probably Britney Spears of course. Either way.

May your day be filled with food, fun, great conversation, and newly created memories to be cherished for years to come. May your turkey be moist and delicious, and may your evening be pleasured by full tummies and perhaps a cocktail or two.

Or 6 or 10.

And may you be able to make your way to the comforts of your warm home safely, and better able to recite your speeches post cocktails than Biden could recite his sans any.

Happy Thanksgiving and I will catch you on the other side. Onward and upward and God speed or whatever else can be said about going forward with dignity, pride, and success. And thanks again for being here. 

Like the way I write or the things I write about? Follow me on my Facebook page to find all of the latest writings from wherever I may write. And hey, Christmas is right around the corner, my wife has the credit card, and any money is helpful. Why not spin my album, Pink Flamingoes, a few times to help a guy out from things beyond his control? You can also check out my other blog where I talk about anything and nothing, The Springboard Journal.

No comments: