More Opinion by The Springboard

Did President Biden Suggest America Is At War?
"Joe Biden told the American people in his opening lines, "In January 1941, President Franklin Roosevelt came to this chamber to speak to the nation. And he said, 'I address you at a moment unprecedented in the history of the Union.' Hitler was on the march. War was raging in Europe.""

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

A Surging Post Begs a Question

Sometimes an old post surges for whatever reason and it makes me wonder why. Especially if the post in question happens to be one that is not evergreen, and really is no longer relevant. Not that I mind if a post like that does surge, of course. Regardless of whether they are relevant or not, I still get paid for them.

Unfortunately, I can't see what search terms someone may be using to find them. But this post, in particular, begs a question, especially as we are rolling deep into another presidential election coming up in November.

It has long been felt by some that our current president, Joe Biden, hasn't really been running things. So, who is? Many have suggested that it's our former president, Barack Obama, secretly behind the curtain pulling the levers and strings and serving as a shadow president.

I admit, it's always been an idea sort of "on the fringe." Even I suspect it at least. If it's not Barack Obama running things, perhaps it is a collective of sorts within the administration? 

Do we have any logs we can check to see if any staffers have been in frequent and direct contact with Obama? Or would that make things too obvious? Would there be another way the communications are occurring? 

It's tin-hatty to a degree. But nowadays you just never know. It's hard to really know what's going on when you have a president who 99% of the time appears out of his wits. What is interesting to me is that the very post that is surging, "President Obama Is Not My President," may be surging based on the very premise that he is operating as a shadow president, and people are searching for things looking for an explanation or theorem on that idea.

The post had nothing to do with that, of course. It was speaking on a Mosque that was being proposed to be built at Ground Zero where the Twin Towers were taken down by Muslim terrorists on 9/11 and Obama's support for that at the time, which I felt was a slap in the face, and an unpresidential move considering what happened there.

I already had issues with Barack Obama's actions, and this was simply a final straw to conclude that perhaps it was time for him to step down. A position that I feel now may have been a bit extreme. Nonetheless, it's very old news. So, what else could be the reason the post is surging?

Does it say anything, even, about the coming election? About the possibility more people are questioning or more deeply examining their decision in November away from Biden? Who's finding the post? Democrats? Republicans? Independents?

The latter, if that's who's looking, would be even more interesting, of course, since it's usually the independents who ultimately determine who the winner is. 

Regardless of why the post may be surging, it does seem to suggest, at least just below the surface, that if an irrelevant statement that President Obama is not my president—which is obvious—is catching some attention, that at least in title only, the idea is relevant to today in that way.

Because I would assume nobody is suddenly finding new interest in the Mosque, or even anything that occurred during Obama's lackluster presidency.

What else can it be, is the question?

Like the way I write or the things I write about? Follow me on my Facebook page to keep up with the latest writings wherever I may write them. You can also follow me on X.


No comments: